Thursday, November 17, 2011

♪♫Blue Sky's nothin but blue Skys♫♪

Okay she's not blue ,but her name is Sky...
Sky


This is Sky,or as we call her around here Sky Girl,or Skyanna!
She is a American Quarter Horse,she's nine years old,15'2 Hands High, red dun with a dorsal stripe and tiger stripped legs..
And although she may look like she's smiling in the picture let me tell yah she is a whole lot of brat. She's originally my older sisters,but since she's gone at college Teresa and I are basically retraining her, Recently she smacked me up against a cedar fence post ,why you might say? weeelllll...she didn't want the bit in her mouth. But she's gotten a lot better about the bit,today I was able to stick the bit in her mouth three times in about 5 minutes. Yahh me!! =)
I'm also teaching voice ques such as Walk,Trot,and Whoa. Let me tell you though it take's a lot of work,you can't explain to her that "oh sweety girl I want you to start trotting okay?". No you can't do that with her or with any other horse really ( I'm not trying to step on any toes,you may have a great horse that you can do that with),Did you know that horses brains are the size of a walnut?She (especially mares) need a lot of firm command, Teresa and I have been doing a whole bunch of ground work with her and teaching her that when it comes to people We are in charge/dominant not her... She is such a sweet ride though once she starts listening to you she's almost perfect I say almost because ..well. let's just say that a thing as small as a cat on a roof will send her throwing up her head and spooking. That is another thing we are working on.. =| But I can tell already once she figure's out you're in charge she will do anything for you... =)
~Rachel
Sky Girl

P.S. Tomorrow I'll write about my horse Oliver Twister.. =)





No comments:

Post a Comment