Thursday, November 10, 2011

Snow?!

Today it snowed!,as I write this I realize not very many people "like" snow. Well I not only "like" it I LOVE it!

There are some positives and negatives to snow let me list some for you
       Plus                                                                              Minus
*Snowboarding/skying                                           * Having to hail water to our horses
*sledding                                                               * ice on the roads
*snowball fight                                                       * having to shovel/plow the driveway/roof
*warm nights by the fire sipping hot cocoa                            *cleaning of your car
*CHRISTMAS!
*Ice skating

I don't know about you but I can sure find way more "pluses" then "minuses" 
Now you might live in Florida/someplace warm where you never see snowflakes/snow EVER.But still try to see the beauty in things other then focusing on the negatives. I've been reading the book The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom,and as her and her sister Betsy where in the concentration camp they gave thanks to God for everything in one part of the book when they laid in bed they even thanked God for the Fleas that where biting them and making it impossible for them to sleep. We today need to be like that,we need to give thanks to God for everything Even fleas...

On another note I also think of this....

As I see the beautiful snowflakes falling from the sky I try so hard to imagine none of them being the same... honestly I can't imagine that, God created us completely different, yeah there may be people that look the same
or talk the same,BUT they are not identical.You are you own design that God made you from and God never uses his designs twice! Just like a snowflake! Just think in all the years that it has snowed none of those snowflakes are the same,none of them!

Have an awesome rest of the day
~Rachel~

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad God made you special Rachie--a precious, one of a kind, one in a million girl of mine!
    love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!
    Rachel! i totally agree with you,
    I love snow! if i had a choice i would come visit you guys and the snow!
    but i would for sure just be ecstatic to see you! I read that book "the hiding place"
    last summer and i loved it!
    it really brought me back to earth and helped me realize how truly blessed i am to just have the privilege of just living in America,
    let alone all of the other struggles corrie ten boom went thru aswell.

    Love you cuz!!

    Rachel Laura

    ReplyDelete