Sunday, January 22, 2012

Caddie Woodlawn

If you read my bio,then you saw all about how I'm in a DramaGroup... The group is called The Purity Ring. It's a group made up of home-schoolers,not only do we put on a play every spring and it always has a christian message in it,but we learn about purity,modesty,and how to become Godly men and women. This coming play is Caddie Woodlawn. If you've never read the book you should! In the play I'm Rebekah Hyman (aka a rude neighbor of the woodlawns). I'm really excited about the play,this is my third year in Purity Ring,and I've enjoyed every year of it!




Here is a summery of the book/play..


In 1864 on the Wisconsin frontier it was hard to tell which of the Woodlawn family were boys. Caddie could run and jump and climb trees as easily as her brothers Tom and Warren, and much to the dismay of her mother and sister, Clara. But because of Caddie's adventurous spirit, a disaster is averted with the neighboring Indian tribe with whose leader, Indian John, Caddie has become friends. Here is a tale of pioneer life as it was lived and of a spirited young girl whose parents despair of her ever becoming ladylike. 
We are going to be performing MA 4th and 5th at the Cheboygan Opera House...






These are what the shoes look like that I have to wear for the play...only with 4 inch heels...


Yikes!! =)

here are some pics that I took yesterday...






Lucy Joy,our 3 yr old Golden Retriever 






A very cute Chickadee


Rachel♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. I am wondering how does a homeschooler get involved in these "groups?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are auditions usually and it's also if you know people that are in it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://s31.dawandastatic.com/Product/12062/12062102/big/1282210230-682.jpg here is the picture of the shoes. I found the picture on Google. Their not actually my shoes they just resemble them. My parents don't want you to put my link on your guy's Facebook.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete