Friday, February 3, 2012

Declares the Lord

Yes I know i haven't "posted" in 10 days.. how did you ever survive ;)
well to put it plainly I've been sick since this last Sunday with the stomach flu and then a cold. blahh. I haven't been doing much,but I did start a new thing (sort-of)
 Every day I go the the books of Psalms,Proverbs,Isaiah,or Jeremiah and I find a verse to go with that day.
Like today i did Jeremiah 2:3 The chapter is for the month as in February,and the verse is the day as in the 3rd of February. So all in all you have a verse for today! I thought it was pretty ingenious!(not trying to get a big head or anything!:}) 


This was today's verse:


    Israel was holy to the LORD, 
   the firstfruits of his harvest; 
all who devoured her were held guilty
   and disaster overtook them,’” 
            declares the LORD.
                Jeremiah 2:3

I've been trying to think about what this means... I think that what Jeremiah is saying is that the Israelite are God's chosen people and if anyone messes with them they will be held accountable. A website that I found explains it even better HERE.
 so that's plan and I'm sticken to it! 
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. The Israelite people are His chosen people.. But YOU are His child, adopted into His family, and He feels the same about you! He will protect you, *always*... And that is an awesome idea! Keep it up!! I'd never thought of doing that =).. You're a genius!

    ReplyDelete