Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Soft Pink

Oh,how I miss those precious Honduran faces!!
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about one of our translators,the Genesis boys,or one of the orphans. 


I wish I could see the orphans faces one more time,to lock them in my memory. I didn't get to know many of their names. But I do remember their faces,dark beautiful skin,long eyelashes.. I could go on and on.


I got to play jump rope with the Mujures girls. You should have seen them laugh when I lasted only two jumps!! I painted so many nails, some chipped and overgrown, and others perfect filed and clean. What was amazing to me was to see the differences between the girls. You could tell which girls where on the top (the boss). There where the girls in the middle,and the girls on the very bottom,that where usually new arrivals. One of the days that we where there,a beautiful girl was having a horrible time, because she was new and she didn't want to be there. She cried and sobbed. I prayed to God that He would provide and girl in Mujures that would become her friend. He answered my prayer,almost immediately! As I watched a girl, that was one of the top girls walk over and start to comfort her(I don't know what she said, seeing that I don't speak Spanish). It was like a chain reaction,that one small movement from the girl that was on the top of the pecking order, was all it took to get other girls to go over there and begin to comfort her too. I remember painting the new girls nails. I did her hands. She had such beautiful hands,with clean and shaped nails. I painted her nails a soft pink. It was so incrediblele tho to see God answer my prayer. When I went back the next day,it was amazing to see the difference in her face,from sorrow to glad!
Please pray for the new girls that they would find friendship,and God at Mujures!


<3  Raquel 

No comments:

Post a Comment