Monday, August 27, 2012

The one about Love

Love? Yup,you read the title right. 
I know what you're thinking."man,what can a 17 year old girl possibly have to say about love that any other girl her age has already said.."

Well I have something to say.  
No I'm not going to gush about  my boyfriend(not that I even have one), the new latest hits, my family, or my friends.
  I'm going to tell you about my heavenly Daddy, My teacher, Abba, My friend and my adoration for Him. You may think " oh great, this girl is know going to tell me all about how Jesus is her boyfriend,and she doesn't need anything else."
  No, you are absolutely wrong, you couldn't be more wrong.
I do not consider the God of all creation as my boyfriend.  I never have considered Him as that, and I never will.
 The fact that I don't need anything else is also wrong too. I need my friends, family, and church. There is no way someone can just not have communication with the outside world and be normal. I need my relationships with other people as much as I need God.

Know that I have that all clear and you (hopefully) understand now, lets begin.
I want to share with you the love that I know, the love from God almighty that holds me in His arms and cradles me there. I've felt this love numerous times,when my Mom went through stage 4 cancer, when my uncle died from cancer, when my sister went away to college. He is what got me through the hard times, Him and my relationships with family and friends.
He held my in His everlasting arms


Deuteronomy 33:27
27 The eternal God is your refuge, 
    and underneath are the everlasting arms.
He will drive out your enemies before you, 
    saying, ‘Destroy them!’



While we where at Gitche Gumme, the pastor shared this verse. I added various translations for you get a different view on it.

Luke 14:26

New International Version 
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple.
New Living Translation 
"If you want to be my disciple, you must hate everyone else by comparison--your father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple.

English Standard Version
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.




You may be thinking " Are you serious! I actually have to hate my father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and my own life to be a disciple of Jesus!"

Meaning~   We are to love one another greatly,but we are to love God so much that our love for one another looks like hate.

 Can you see it now? See the love? Feel the love of God that surrounds you like a blanket?
I can! I can't stop thinking about it!  I wish every person, orphan, widow in the whole world could feel this everlasting love.  Feel the awe of it. 

Your love for God should be unfathomable! God loves us with everlasting love, why shouldn't we love Him back with that everlasting  love the same way?

Imagine~ Dream with me for a second, if we loved each other with just a small amount of what God loves us, we would have a pretty awesome world...

~Rachel~

No comments:

Post a Comment