Saturday, December 22, 2012

Crocheted Blanket

I've had a lot of time to think this week. I've been sick. For a week. I'm finally starting to get better.
                                 Can you believe it's three days before Christmas?
                                                            Three days.

Last Sunday I still had to buy presents for my siblings. It's Saturday afternoon, the 22nd. And I still don't  have presents for my siblings...  Next. the power went out.

 I was sleeping out in the living room, on the couch. when it went out on Thursday night at 11:30pm. I moved back to my room, because I knew it was going to be warmer in the back of the house. Mom came and told be in the morning that 30,000 people where without power. She came in again at noon. 
                                                  80,000 people without power. 

   At this point I was getting pretty ungrateful. I wasn't able to go a see a movie with my friends,
 the fact that Christmas was only a few days away, and the present dilemma weighed on my mind. 
        Yet, something told me to open my eyes from my slumber. To look around my room. 
                                          It's orange and teal colors blinding me.

I looked around, and blew my nose for the 50 bazillionth time. I looked at the blanket on my bed.   Keeping me warm.

 I remembered the friend that gave it to me, as a gift. It's black and teal colors, beautifully crocheted. As I looked at the blanket. I remembered the girl that made it. I was reminded how her Grandpa is sick with Cancer. In that moment, my ungratefulness began to dwindle..  I didn't have it that bad.

I 'm not dreadfully sick, we had a generator, we where able to get back our electricity, water, and heat. Our power came back this afternoon.  I'm getting better, blowing my nose less and less..
So. My readers. Be thankful. think of someone else this season.
 Think of the family's who have a son or daughter in the military, or who have a loved one sick with cancer. 

Think of others.          


~Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Rachel it is so hard watching you be sick..
    it tears at this momma's heart like blizzard winds.
    I am pleased to read of how your thinking led to blessing another--the one who crafted your blanket
    and
    me..
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete