Monday, December 17, 2012

Suffering

                                  So much pain, and suffering in this world... why is it?
                         From the shooting in Colorado, to the resent one in Connecticut.
                                                 With 20 Children murdered...
                                                 Parents left wondering why?
                                                           Why my child?

I have had a lot of suffering in my 17 years.. From my Mom having cancer (and surviving), to my Uncle dying from cancer.. Never meeting my Grandpa, due to him having cancer, and also dying from it..
                                            Cancer is one thing I know about very well.

During that time when my Mom was going through cancer, not only did relying on God help. But the people that sent us words of scripture, a hot meal, or a few words of encouragement.
It's still hard though.. I still have awful memorys, memorys I wish I could erase..

I read so many Facebook posts this weekend about that awful shooting.. some people wrote a prayer, others scripture, some took it as a chance to try to prove that guns are "evil", and others posted the most recent videos about it from the news.

But in reality what posts do you think helped? What posts, if the parents of the deceased children could read them would comfort them, would help them in there grief?

We need to comforting people in their suffering, to pray for them.

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment