Monday, April 8, 2013

Blessed~

Blessed.
The word that pops into my head when I think about this past week.

A week of giggles, laughter, smiles, instruction, friendship, and family.

Purity Ring Drama Group had it's annual play this past weekend. My second family, and I performed a comedy. We were told by numerous people that this years play was the best one yet!

I call them my second family because that is what they are. We are a team. We work together, rely on each other, and we stick together in the thick and thin.

 When you stick teens, and children together that all have two things in common. Incredible things are bound to happen.

The first~We all have a vast love for our Heavenly Father.

The second~  We are all homeschoolers. Taught by our Moms and Dads, teaching us the ways of the world.


The first one is the most important.

Relying on God to get us though numerous practices and performances.
He gave us the strength to get though it all. 
There were joys, and sorrows, but what I've come to find out is that the joys always overrun the sorrow.

I got to spend an incredible week with my best friends, a week that I will never, ever forget!

~Formal day, Opening Performance ~
This was my last year in Purity Ring.
 I am truly Blessed to have been able to be apart of it.
 I'm going to miss the long Monday afternoons rehearsing  a scene over and over again. The races towards the kitchen for food, the costume pinning, giggles from the girls, swing dancing in a toe socks, and the chairs that seemed to never go in a straight line..

 The little hands that reach into mine holding tightly as if they would never let go.
The little girls that told me they were going to follow me everywhere, and asked me to sit by them because they were lonely.

I love each and everyone of these kids. We have learned so much from each other. We have grown our friendship, reconstructed old, and built knew. 
For this I am Grateful. 

Thank You Miss Julie, Mrs,Walker, Mrs Jordan, Leah, Mom's, Dad's and Cast!
~You have truly shown me how Blessed I am~

Yours~
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment