Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Praise His Name

 The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning. It's time to sing your song again. What ever may pass and what ever lies before me. Let me be singing when the evening comes.
Bless the Lord oh my soul.
Oh my Soul.
Worship His holy name.
Sing like never before.
 Oh my soul.
I'll worship your holy name.

10,000 Reasons~ Matt Redman

Such a beautiful simple song.
The band played this song multiple times when I went to Chicago for Dare 2 Share. 
Every time they played it, hands all over the stadium would raise in praise to our heavenly Father.

It would give me goosebumps every time. 
 He has given us so much.


About three months ago I took pictures during a worship service. It was amazing to see the personalities in people come out.  There were the people that would raise and clap their hands to every song. Then there would be the ones staring at the words on the screen not looking at them but past them. Then the ones looking around at everyone else, staring at people. And of course the people that saw a person with a camera (me), and immediately either turned off, or started pretending to worship as if to pose for the camera..


Do we truly worship Him?


There are so many way we can worship our heavenly Father.
Sometimes we get so stuck on the fact that we have to sing and raise our hands to worship God. 
By believing that you couldn't be more wrong.

 It doesn't just have to be vocally.

You can worship God by
1.) Obeying Him.
2.) Serving others.
3.) Sharing your faith with someone.
4.) Praying.
5.) Thanking Him.


There are so many ways to worship our heavenly Father.

What way do you worship Him? What way do you honor and glorify His name?



~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment