Thursday, October 17, 2013

Homework.Homework.Homework.

I haven't wrote anything in ages. Thus the life a college student. So.. here is a prop I recently wrote for class.---------


“If you need to use the bathroom or want something to eat we're stopping at McDonald's in 5!” our Youth pastor shouted from the front of the van. Lilly, Martin and I huddled under the blanket in the
middle seat. We roused from our positions. Sleep. That is all any of us wanted. Pulling into the parking
lot I looked at Lilly over Martin's head, his curly hair making it impossible to see Lilly on the other
side. 
“Do you have to go?” mumbling in non-cohesive voice
“Nope”, she replied in the same tone
Martin laughed, “ Well, I need coffee and food so I'm getting out!”

Lilly moved out of the way and Martin squeezed by. We looked at each other and giggled. We both
knew what the other was thinking: steal his blanket! We each grabbed the end of it and huddled
underneath making it impossible to see us. I leaned up against the window thinking “If I'm this giddy already and it's not even 10 o'clock yet, I should have grabbed some source of caffeine...”

Martin returned with enough food to feed an army, along with a cup of coffee. He took one glance at
us and knew he wasn't getting his blanket back. Lilly and I giggled either from the sleep deprivation or
his facial expression. He sat down and sipped his coffee, burning his tongue in the process. Lilly
glanced at his coffee, and shouted full of exuberance “Martin! Your coffee cup has free WIFI!” Mouth
full of food, Martin looked at me with raised eyebrows and I pointed at his coffee. On the side of his
cup it had the “WIFI” symbol. He looked at it and nearly choked.
Everything is funny when you're tired. 



Now that I've finally put something up here, I'm going to go back to doing homework, and drinking Mountain Dew to stay awake.

~Rachel
Sorry that the formats weird.. I'm too tired to fix it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment