Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Eucharisteo

   "Canceled." I read the text and shot back a demanding, "Why?!" A simple response, "The roads suck." I glance out the window and look at the huge snowflakes falling from the sky, slush covers the road and wind whips the snow laden branches. Immediate ungratefulness settles in my heart. "Why can't the plows get out there and clean the road off?! It's completely ridiculous that they haven't done it yet..."

  BAM. It hits. He tells me to knock it off and I sigh with regret. 

   I'm reminded of the message yesterday at church, the one about being grateful. But most importantly, being grateful for the little things. My pastor asked the kids to sit up front, and say what they were grateful for. They answered with: food, family, friends, life, cheese, younger siblings, shelter, and my all time favorite, chicken.

   Maybe we need to have the mind of a child, thanking God for the simple things, and having the faith to believe in Him (that's another blog post for another time.)
  
   We're well practiced in thanking God for the big things: praising His name after a surgery went well, and family member healed from cancer, but we very rarely remember to thank Him for the little things. Something simple and in our everyday life, but we don't do it. I pray that my friends and family will remember to not only thank God for the bigs but also for the littles.

1 comment:

  1. Root word of eucharesteo is Greek "charis" =Grace/kindness.
    When we practice this giving of thanks, we are thanking
    The Author of All, and we are being obedient! Peppered
    Throughout Scripture are verses speaking of giving
    Thanks..1Thess 5:16-18 ends with, "for this is God's will
    For You, in Christ Jesus." I love your heart Rachel!
    Keep practicing giving of thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete