Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Passion

What drives us, gives us an escape, and we can do it endlessly...

Passion

It's a very strong word in my opinion.

We use it to describe things we love doing.

Love and Passion go hand in hand.
 How can you have passion if you don't have love?

Google defines passion as,
 A strong and barely controllable emotion.

Do you know what Google also describes it as?

The suffering and death of Jesus.

That's right, the suffering and death of Jesus.

Passion, originated with our LORD and Savior.

He created the up most act of passion and He portrayed it with perfection.


What are you passionate about?

Here, I'll list some of mine:
  • Music, I could play the piano till I died...or any music for that matter.
  • My family, I cannot begin to tell you how blessed I am to call them my family.
  • Friends, and their understanding awesomeness.*
  • Horses, there's something about riding bareback at a full canter, or galloping through the fields
  • Jesus... My LORD and Savior. The one who brought me out of darkness and showed me light.

   Our passion is what drive us, but we can't do it without love, it's not humanly possible. If I didn't love playing the piano I wouldn't be heading to the piano after I get home from a long day.  If I didn't love horses I wouldn't train, put effort, and take care of them.

Do you see what I'm getting at?

 At the basis of everything is love. Think about this verse,"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."
Love is at the begining of everything, without it we're nothing. If God hadn't loved the world we wouldn't be here... We'd have no hope of a savior coming down to earth and dying for our wretched lives.

 Love and Passion they're tied together.


I'm not talking about human love, for example the love that you show to your significant other. I'm talking about  a love that is patient, kind, compassionate, gentle, does not envy, rejoices with the truth... A love that is out of this world. Something that our wretched lives cannot attain without the grace that is condoned by our heavenly Father. 

We can't find this love anywhere else because it's not attainable without the love of Jesus. 

It all starts with Him: Creation, Love, Passion, our very breaths.

Love without abandon.
Live without letting the things of this world hold you back.

What are you passionate about?



In Him,
Rachel

* Sorry, for the weird twist on words, that's the hyper Rachel leaking out...


No comments:

Post a Comment