Speaking of sobbing, it's been a rough week aka Valentines Day is coming up... Ya, I know. I'm a sap. But for me it's not the 14th that matters so much, it's the day before. The dreaded 13th. It used to flash by on my calendar with me adding another month to my mental list. Now it sits there, glaring at me. It's always been said to be an unlucky number, but I'm not one to believe in luck.
I do realize that everyone most likely has a day on the calendar that they dread. One that reminds you of the memories that sat in the back of your mind. Or a death of a loved one. Or even both. We can get caught up in those days, and being lost in a fog is not uncommon. Prying yourself away from it is hard, and that day will haunt you for what might seem like forever.
I know I've talked about how people just need to move on, and get over themselves. But, it's really not that easy. It's like going to the gym and trying to run 3 miles when you haven't run in ages. It's nearly impossible unless your Superman, and we all know only Clark Kent can be Superman.
You're not superman, you need to learn to take every day with stride.
- Warm yourself up, shin splints aren't any fun. (Read your Bible)
- Learn to breath again, in through your nose, out through your mouth. (Pray)
- Wear flexible clothing, like a favorite t-shirt, and gym shorts.(Be Yourself)
- Buy a new pair of shoes, your old ones won't get you through.(Leave the past behind you)
- Learn perfect form, arms at your side in a 90-degree angle moving with you as you run, not across. (Be Confident)
A girl with shin splits...